PRO-ACTIVE LEADERSHIP FOR HOWARD COUNTY
For many, raising a family in a safe, secure neighborhood is a dream come true. For Rich Gibson, it is his motivation, commitment and guiding light. That is why as your Howard County State’s Attorney he will:
- Stay connected- Pursue increased cooperation with local law enforcement official and federal authorities to gain the latest information on crime trends within Howard County.
- Get involved with the community by attending community meetings to get residents’ input on what issues require the most attention.
- Focus on juvenile crime- Attempt to reach juveniles and encourage an alternate path towards legal and appropriate conduct. Establish a volunteer based mentorship program with Assistant State’s Attorney’s and juveniles.
- Encourage Assistant State’s Attorneys to use their discretion in evaluating if defendants are amenable to rehabilitation or treatment. If the defendants are amenable to rehabilitation or treatment work with programs to position them to be positive contributing members of society.
- Advocate for victims of Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Disrupt and dismantle gangs within Howard County-Take a zero tolerance policy toward gangs and actively investigate and prosecute gang activity within the county.
- Track repeat offenders with an increased emphasis on aggressively prosecuting defendants who insist on continuing to engage in criminal conduct despite having prior opportunities to behave in a lawful manner.
- Focus on the needs of our senior citizens, in particular identity theft and elder abuse.
- Ensure that the Howard County State’s Attorney’s Office is an active member of the Maryland Human Trafficking Task Force and aggressively prosecute human trafficking crimes in Howard County.
- Speak on behalf of the people of Howard County in Annapolis on issues related to criminal justice affecting our community.